View Single Post
Old 08/27/2007, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Im sorry, how many zoos or public aquariums do you own? Work for? Are you a major benefactor for? How much scientific research have you done on whale sharks? Tagged, tracked and studied? Im sorry to ask but all it said was old salt, so I wasnt sure which career choice in marine biology you made. Knowing the different applicable medications is one thing, understanding the financial situation of a public aquarium is another can of worms. I dont know if you think Bill Gates owns the place and used it to make his billions, but zoos and aquariums are underfunded relying heavily on donations and Im sure governmental grants for doing tha research they do. I cant claim to know what their budgeting is, but I do know that its not cheap for me to have a 90 gallon system, so Id imagine that several million gallons is pretty expensive. Imagine the astronomical utility costs, staff costs, food for the animals, medicine for the animals, the cost of materials and labor to build the habitats, etc. Ask any marine biologist and theyll tell you they do it for the love of the job, not the money. I dont know what your experience is but Im willing to bet they have experts working on this who have alot more. I also dont know if you donated a large sum of money to that aquarium, or any money at all, but if not I would say that you have no basis to suggest how it is spent. Show some respect to people with more knowledge and initiative to try and do something about an endangered animal than you seem to have.
School of 5 Green Chromis
Blue Morpho Tang
Yellow Tang
Pink Spotted Goby