View Single Post
Old 08/18/2007, 04:39 AM
Crawfish Eating Reefer

Thanks for the list, Peter.

While some of the things you listed are true to a certain extent, I think you're reaching for a bit much, perhaps due to the beer as well.

I'm merely afraid that it might lead some people to believe that there are THAT much leeway in reef-keeping.

I do believe in keeping the temperature stable. Your comparison of the temperature of an aquarium to that of the ocean isn't really a sound argument. Once things start to go south, we are not afforded the luxury of having a gadzillion gallons of water volume and thus a temperature rise in the ocean will not equal to a possible disaster that could happen in your reef if you let the temperature creeps past a certain point.

Number 7 is also a bit deceiving. Nevermind whether or not SPS like the flow or not, you didn't really mention that the inadequacy of flow could give way to dead spots and the build up of detritus and eventually a tank crash. How anyone can have low flow and no dead spot in an SPS tank is not really that easy.

I do agree with you on the Alk and the Zoas, the Nitrates, and I'll just take your words on number 8 because I'm hopping to bed and wouldn't mind a beer myself to help along the way.