View Single Post
Old 02/15/2007, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Okay, you may have convinced me to not swap out all the GE's but only two. My GE's are 26w each so that would give me 72 effective watts of day light with 52 w of 6500, 20w of 10k and 20w of actinic.

Right now I'm testing my water three times a day. Once when I get up somewhere between 6 and 7, when I get home around 5 or 6 PM then before bed around 11 PM. Is that hawkish enough or do I need to teach my wife how to use the kits and have her test around lunch time too?

I know there are probably many of you vets out there chiding me for going to fast I'm just worried about the algae and other unwatned stuff taking over adn ruining things before it has a chance to be ready and teh water parameters aren't reading any of the Amonia, nitrites, or nitrates which is in line with what the Fish Guy said. Now, I know he could just be selling me a bill of goods so I will buy more stuff then blaming me for not doing something when my tank crashes and kills everything. But so far everything he's told me about the stuff he's pointed me to has turned out correct. They were also VERY pleased to see I was actively talking to you guys on RC adn encouraged me to do so I'm tending to learn towards them being trustworthy and looking out for me because when I go into the store and ask questions they aren't shoving the most expensive item in that category at me first. They ask some questions then point to a few things that, so far, have been in the 'more afordable' category. I promise to try to slow down more. I'm going to start a 5.5g nano project on the tank today or tomorrow to try and take my mind off of it and give me something to do. Maybe that will help.