View Single Post
Old 02/15/2007, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Wendy. I still have zero amonia, zero Nitrite, and about .3 or .4 nitrate. I ran out of amonia test solution so had to go to the LFS for more. Get ready to cringe you veterans.........are you ready..........I was using a tetra test kit

DUH DUMMMMMMmmmmmm

LOL. The Fish Guy cringed when I told him that. He moved me to a section that had a wall of Seachem stuff and pointed to the Marine Basic box. I now use a lab coat and spectacles when I test my water because I feel like such a scientist, lol.

They also suggested, and I willingly bit, on introducing a pepermint shrimp to control the aptasia I seem to have. He did great last night then suddenly disappeared. I couldn't find him anywhere. This morning I found him clinging to my cheeto clump in the refugium. He'd slid down teh drain pipe. I've put a piece of egg crate whre the weirs were but I'm concerned the use of a net to get him back into the DT may have overly stressed him as he's not doing anything but hiding under my overflow. We'll see.