View Single Post
Old 12/26/2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

I can tell you always have to have the last word, I know what I said. From what I've found there is a fine line between rapid growth and actual decline in chaeto health with my setup. I never said that lighter color was bad anywhere, actually I put that I place my particular light at a distance that gives me a medium green color directly under the light. When you place my particular light with that particular reflect closer to the water the chaeto's color gets lighter the closer you get till there is a point where it stops growing and beyond that where it actually kills it. Again this thread was just to help people get started, if they have other equipment I’m sure they will be competent enough not to follow my instructions. Why? Because it would not pertain to them. The topic does not say "Definitive solution to chaeto's health no matter what the light source" You are trying to compare it to other scenarios - apples to oranges. If people use the equipment I have suggested, or are looking for a cheap way to get started, my pointers will get them off to a good start. You are trying to discredit me, poke holes in my findings, etc. Why? I posted the exact equipment I used and what I have found for best growth with that equipment. I never said other lighting would absolutely not work anywhere as far as I know. I'm sure you'll have another comeback, but I'm done responding to your posts. You are trying to discredit my findings when you aren't even using/talking about the same equipment as I offered as a solution. Arguing is pretty pointless, especially when the things you are talking about have nothing to do with the setup I've posted. I hope people find this thread if they are looking for a cheap lighting solution for their fuge to grow chaeto and I hope it works as well for them as it has for me and multiple other people. If they have other equipment I think they'll have the common sense to experiment with that equipment and hopefully they will post their findings for that equipment to help others as well.