View Single Post
Old 07/20/2007, 05:48 AM
Underground Art Studio

Token - thanks for the information and I just left the screws at 10 inches apart - using 2inch length primeguard. With the tanks weight it's not going anywhere.

The stand is now ready for Saturdays load to be placed on it! This is going to be great - finally the tank is going to be placed on the stand!

Yesterday I got the 3/4 inch plywood cut and placed on the stand and the 3/4 Styrofoam. I left the Styrofoam oversized and will cut it down after the tank has been placed. I also cut the holes for the overflows - I just hope I located them in the right place .

I did a little research on the Styrofoam and it's really different from the white stuff you see everywhere. Styrofoam (Which is blue and is a trademark name) is extruded polystyrene insulation and is a closed cell foam that resists moisture. It was used by the military in WWII because of its buoyancy and "unsinkability" - maybe that's the reason they have us put it under our tanks! The white stuff you find at Home Depot is not Styrofoam (I could only find it at Lowes here in Pinellas). From my understanding the white foam does not provide the insulating value, compressive strength or moisture resistance properties of Styrofoam. For us of course when we use it under our tanks, the compressive strength and moisture resistance properties is what we are after. OK - I'm done with that little tidbit.

Tomorrow I hope to have pictures with the tank on the stand!