View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

wow, thanks for all the kind words everybody, it means a lot. I'll try to answer everyones questions.

ridinfast03- Thanks man. I've had a few split for me. 1 neon green florida has split twice giving me 4 from 1! The large orange rics on the rock were once 1 huge ric. My frogspawn fell on it, triggering it to split into 3! A couple others have split on their own, but it is a very slow process from my experience. I've been resisting the urge to slice them up as I have some big ones!

mcliffy2-Thanks a lot for the tip! Your pic looks much better and more "true". Downloading now! Thanks again.

Angel101- you're lucky to live in Aus, quite a nice variety of stuff coming out of Aus. I could see how the duncan is nothing special there, but it is one my fav corals right now! My large colony is so neon green, it may be the brightest green in my tank!

acrylic_300- I think zoanthid skirt size is directly related to the flow patterns that they are placed in, and also specific types of zoanthids will obviously have thicker skirts then others. Such a variety in this hobby!

ben&bobbi- Yes, I have a 30" sunpod fitted with a new 14k phoenix bulb. This is my only lighting on the tank, besides the LED moonlights and a bit of light that escapes into the tank from the HOB fuge. My schedule is:

9am-turn on LEDs/HOB fuge light
10am-7pm HQI
8pm- turn off fuge light and white leds
11pm blue leds off

right now I'm running the tank on 9 hours of MH, in the summer/spring I increase it to 10 hours, that's about it.

Thanks again everyone!