View Single Post
Old 07/04/2007, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zeppelin
If you look at the rare corals page of that site, you can see their pricing. There are some small frags, and 5-8 polyps looks to be considered a colony on their site, and yes, they are running from $75 to $200, some at $100. I just dont consider 5-8 polyps a colony.

I also have to agree that $150 a polyp was kinda steep, even a month ago. But that was supply and demand. If there were customers that were paying that much, they cant blame anyone but themselves if they feel they were taken advantage of. The aussie acans were around a month ago at numerous vendors for less than that.

I am just glad that they are becoming available at all, at least for now. Thanks to the Australian Gov't. for making it possible for us to enjoy many types and morphs of corals not previously available to the reefing community. You have some beautiful sealife there in the 'down under'.
He mentioned that he has not recieved the shipment from the "new" supplier where the prices are reduces yet. I am guessing that when he does it could really be a whole new pricing sceme if they are as colorful as the ones from his origional supplier.