View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

the flow has to be reduceded inside the tube aswell...for the 3/4" bulkhead you should have a 1" pipe in the tank....the bottleneck will slow the flow down and really help to reduce noise...then you need the durso to purge the pipe of air so it cant create a rolling siphon...if the hole is too small the pipe will siphon and you will either get flushing or whistling...if the hole is too big the tank will over flow...

as mentioned above you will have trouble pushing too much water through a 3/4" bulkhead...especially if you going for a gravity drained tank...with a semi-siphon you should be able to get about 300 or so GPH though...under a full siphon i would think you could do about 500 or so gph..though...

i used to have a 3/4" drain with a mag9 and though my overflow box was a little shallow i found the pump wasnt able to keep up with a full siphon and it would suck air for a second break siphon then flood my tank...strangely enough your wife will not appreciate that...