View Single Post
Old 12/17/2006, 08:50 PM
Moved On

retired?

ACtually, I am not quite 50 yet myself. so I get to look forward to growing old gracefully, just like you.

I am not sure what your point is.

I can fix the fixture. the point is that someone sold me something as NEW and in PERFECT condition.

That is not the case.

I believe he intended to re-wire the fixture to a HO T5 or something else, (according to some of his earlier messages), but it looks like he was overhis head.

I believe he cut the wires to the connectors thinking he was going to 'hardwire the new Blue Wave ballast to the fixture.

But when he did that, I think he got the wirign screwed up, then went to test it out on the Odyssea ballast, he ended up getting shocked, and arcing the ballast.

Why else would he feel the need to test a brand new fixture??

Why else would a ballast blow upon startup? Why else would there be two wires cut right at the connector? Why else would he open the fixture up on the end that requires a screwwdriver, when the other end has a thumbscrew? (Becasue that end can only get at the bulbs, (which he claims is the reason he went in there to begin with? (He saw a loose bulAnd then when he was in there, he saw loose wires, (even though he already tested the fixture out and all bulbs fired???

AGain, the only reason I opened the fixture was to figure out which connector went to the HQI and to the fan and the T5.

Tehre were no markings on the outside of hte fixture, there were no response to my thread, so, the only other way was to trace the wires physically from the connector to the bulb ends...

IT seems that some people here read into the drama, as it being one sided.

This is the sterotypical reason vitims of crimes do not report them. Bottom line, perpetrators count on that

So, read what you will, believe what you want, lord knows I do the same to you.

And for those that either know me, or will get to know me, other then for some drama, that I share, and that I have heard, I have and always will be extremely fair ... to a fault. I will not make a final judgment until either asked to or until I feel it completely played out.

They also know there isnt anythign I wouldnt do for them if they needed or asked.

I gave BM the benefit of the doubt, even suggesting he got the fixture in that condition, but when he admitted forgetting to tell me... than not willing to do anythign about it, then I made my decision to have him either take the junk back, or offerme a partial refund, either in money or equipment, as he makes DIY skimmers and other items.

And as I stated int he first sentance of this thread, I have a choice to just accept what is done to me or to resist, I choose to resist.

You get to make that choice when drama hits you, and for your sake, I hope drama never hits you or anyone you know...

Good luck

bill B.

Quote:
Originally posted by gtrestoration
I'm not sure what your point is. There are at least a few here that have the ability to help you out and make the repairs but might be a little leary.

Are you really retired? I'm 50 and pretty set in my ways but I hope this isn't a look into my future.

SteveU