View Single Post
Old 07/04/2004, 02:18 PM
Premium Member

My recreational certification is rescue diver. I also was previously approved as a scientific diver through the florida aquarium, although that's a less impressive than it sounds. It really just means I spent the time to go through the paperwork and learn how to dive in a fish tank without breaking or killing anything and scrub algae from their half million gallon aquarium on a weekly basis.

I have about 50 hours aquarium diving and I'm honestly not sure about reef diving. I stopped keeping a log at about 50 hours and I haven't even uploaded my dive computer to my desktop in years. I would make a rough guess somewhere between 2 and 4 hundred hours. Yesterday was a record breaker for me for bottom time on a single dive. Our first dive was 110 minutes bottom time. The second was probably around the same (I didn't look at the elapsed time when we came up) as I had about 800 lbs left on it as well and we were at about the same depth (around 15 ft max). We were so shallow that no-decomp times aren't an issue, so air is really the only thing I monitor during the dive.

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.