View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Open Brain - Target feeding ?'s

Hey everyone,

I was wondering exactly how to target feed. I'm fairly new at this and my tank stocking as well as my tank info is all listed below.

Technically, I know how to target feed. What I don't know is how often and how much.

I just added my open brain last week and the person at my LFS suggested cylop-eeze, (frozen), which of course I purchased.

When I went to feed with the turkey baster, I was really surprised with how many floaters there were in the extremely small piece, at least what I considered to extremely small there were! The fish and the crabs/snails were going nuts. I also seen all the hitchhiker feather dusters all coming out as well as the ricordia.

Is it necessary to feed every day as I thought they would get a lot of food when the fish were fed.

I also seen a posting someplace that said not to target feed unless you see the tentacles come out at night. If they're out, it said it's looking to eat, so feed it. When I first fed mine, the tentacles were not out, but they sure came out when I fed it!

So, I'm just not sure how often or how much to do this. If anyone could help clear this up, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Eric
Indigo Dotty/tr
2 button polyp
gsp
candy cane
zoa
ricordia rock
open brain
5 turbos
5 hermits
30 lb ls / 27lb lr