View Single Post
Old 12/30/2007, 01:25 AM
Frag-a-holic

A table saw is the only saw that I have. If you want to see what can be done with it just clisk on my red house. My saw is a vintage Craftsman that I actually picked up for $20. It needed a capacitor for the motor to get it running and a new blade. So for about $70, I was ready to go to work. It is really all about your skill, and how creative you are. I used it for everything including 45* angled corners, to making trim. With this creativity, make sure to be safe. There were a couple of times that I had to just flat out "bail out" of a cut. These things should have been thought through more ahead of time. Point is, check Craigslist, ebay for local deals.

Another thing you will probably want to have since you are going inwall is a sawzall. Again, ebay or Craigslist. Good luck to you on your build.

Another thing the table saw or miter saw is awesome for is cutting PVC, so keep that in mind. I also did all of my work with a good combo blade, there is no point in getting 5 different blades at $20-$75 each, just get a good combo blade.

Save a reef, trade a frag!