View Single Post
Old 10/31/2007, 04:09 PM
Genius

Beware of triggerfish1976 - terrible seller and person

First of all, I want to let everyone know that I am a nice and patient person.
I purchased a used Schuran Jetstream 1 from triggerfish1976 on Sept. 3 for $340 including shipping. I didn't receive it until late the following week because he didn't sent it until more than a week after payment. I can understand things get in the way, and I let that slide.
Upon opening the box, I immediately noticed the bad packing. There was ONE sheet of bubble wrap around the reactor in a box that was too big for it without any extra packing. The plastic thumbscrews were all over the place, and some of the fittings were loose. The reactor was also dusty, dirty and salt-creeped up. It hadn't even been washed prior to selling. I let that all slide.
When I examined the item closer, I found a complete break in one of the fittings. I immediately took pictures and contacted triggerfish1976, the seller, about the problem. He took his grand old time contacting UPS and setting up a pickup for damage investigation. I knew that UPS wouldn't reimburse him because it was packaged inadequately.
A few days after the pickup, I got an email from him saying he would pay me back but he wouldn't be able to pay me back until he got payed next month... 3 weeks from that particular day. Needless to say I was upset, but what could I do?

Closer to the three weeks, I contacted him asking him if he could pay me back. He said he couldn't pay me back until he sold the reactor because he was able to fix the problem. Again, I was upset because he went back on what he said. But I waited. Another week or so later, I opened a dispute in Paypal because I was getting pretty upset. Then I got a payment for $218 from him except it was sent as a PAYMENT not a REFUND. He said he would pay me the remainder if I closed the dispute. I lost $6.xx from paypal fees. I was upset and told him he owed me $132 + the $6.xx I lost and to pay me back as a refund this next time. Today, 10 days later, he finally send the "remainder" although it was in the amount of $130, not $132+6.xx AND he sent it as a payment again. When I complained this morning about the mistake he made the second time... this was his response:

"It didn't work that way. I would have had to refund you the entire amount instead of a partial. It doesn't matter since I lost the same amount when you originally paid me the $350. "

So basically over the course of almost 2 months, I was out the majority of my payment of $340 until this last week and a half, and I lost $13-15 in paypal fees for NO REASON at all. It was completely his fault for inadequately packing the item then gypping me on my refund.

Obviously he is either a jerk or stupid or both, so buyers BEWARE of triggerfish1976.