View Single Post
Old 07/26/2007, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

The only items that appear anomalous to me are the Media Reactors. It appears that they receive their water prior to Skimmer treatment and return it after skimmer treatment. I wonder if they might not better somewhere else in the loop. I am just not sure and await a more informed response from another.

At 550g total, one has either a lot of plumbing or a missing component. I don't see anything glaringly absent from the diagram. Since this is a one-story install, I can't foresee that much plumbing. My numbers point to a system volume of roughly 465g. 280g (Main) + 80g (add'l three displays) + 52g (two 'fuges) + 7g (skimmer) + 45g (sump) = 465g. Where I am going with this is that this could be tweaked a bit in terms of pumps and redundancy? A larger system pump might allow you to tweak flow out of the sump to the four displays via a manifold. This would seem more efficient in terms of both maintenance and electrical consumption.

I wonder, too, if a way might be found to feed the Ca Reactor without that additional pump.

Just my thoughts, and I await more accomplished system designers to chime in...

It looks great, if my comments don't indicate that.