Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 09/03/2005, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, they must. But remember that we have had a consistently high nitrate problem (10 - 15 lately still), a huge cyano outbreak that we finally used Chemi-Clean for, and now a triple algae outbreak of brown, green and red algae. I really think we underfeed our tank and yet we keep having all these problems. We started to feed our serpents and we started to feed DT's daily because of all the bivalves and sponges we have and that's when we started with this triple algae bloom. We also started seeing a distinct improvement in our sponges, corals etc. So, do we feed those guys and just deal with the algae or do we quit feeding and watch our livestock die along with the algae????

I've just posted in the expert forums for Dr. Ron to ask when you know you have enough food in your tank for your inhabitants.

Tomorrow we will feed the serpents again. We fed them two weeks ago and I guess they liked the idea of the easy food!! LOL

I'm really getting depressed with the tank as I see others who have had their tanks set up after ours that are adding all kinds of corals and fishes and here we are still struggling with the cycle and having to be extremely careful of adding things because of our problems. Does not make reef keeping easy. Of course, Brett can attest to the fact that I have pretty much zero patience.