View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

30 gallon reef..stock questions..tips welcome

Ok so i have finally finished setting up my 30 gallon bb nano reef...almost.

I have about 20-25lbs of tonga branch rock and fiji premium rock... all cured

There is a 402 powerhead and another weaker one on both sides for flow

I am running a big power hob power filter for now that was free from my dad til i get the hob aquac remora skimmer for the tank

My levels are all good right now and have been stable for about a week and a half now, tanks been setup for about a 4 weeks, and cycled

I just purchased two ocellaris clowns for it , tank raised, and i bought two small zebra hermits for it

The fish are eating well, on Omega One w/ garlic flakes, and occassional freeze dried mysis shrimp

My questions are:

1.The diet of the clowns, am i in the right direction? I read a lot before deciding on what to feed them, I am going to go w/ spectrum garlic foods in a bit when i go up to my LFS

2. What other fish would you reccomend for tank mates for the clowns? I'm not goin to put 15 fish in this small aquarium i know, but if i were to purchase 1-2 more what would be a good pick?

3. Its a barebottom and the two small zebra hermits seem to sift through the remainder of detritus that is left after i vacum, and eat off the rocks all day, seem to be fine and have plenty to eat.. should i purchase any other cleanup crew?

4. In a month or so I am purchasing a light, its an 150 metal halide w/ 2 39 watt super actinics t5's.... will this be enough for the shrooms, zoo's, and tentacle anemone i will be purchasing afterwards.

Thanks, any advice is welcome or tips, i will post a pic up in a bit of what ive got soon as i figure out my new macro lens