View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 06:04 AM
Underground Art Studio

Joe - you saw these guys, they've been in QT for about 3+ weeks and FAOIS had them weeks before that. Notice you only see 1 as the other 3 went right for the rocks and haven't come out yet. They loved the holes I made at the bottom of the clay pieces - they went right for them. They were dying to get out of that small QT tank and start swimming around.
I only purchase my fish from one source and that's FAOIS - there is only one other place I would trust as much as them and that's SITC. Knock on wood I've not had any of the common diseases in any of my saltwater tanks - but I'm very careful where I get them. Either they've already been in QT or I do the QT for two to three weeks - depending on the fish and their risk to diseases.

On a side note. The the corals even the ones I have in my other tanks now will be going through a complete examination. About 8 or 10 months ago I had flat worms (Not the real bad ones) in my sea horse tank. Nothing is getting into the 280 as that was one of the reasons I'm using clay rocks - nothing on them unknown. I'm using the Infinity as a holding tank as such - I can acclimate them to the tank using it. I do all my checking, picking of anything on the rocks etc from it. I love how easy it is to put my hand in and check on everyone. The only draw back is the flow - not a lot of it. So I purchased a tiny Tunze to give it just a little more.

BTW - I'm going to be finishing your wood today - I hope you'll like it . Oh - you better bring your long johns on Wed as it's going to be COLD! OK cold by FL standards .