Thread: OT: Work
View Single Post
Old 09/27/2007, 05:47 PM
Tailspot Blenny

maybe it's due to the opportunities. you have to make yourself a photographer, while there's a demand for engineers, thus in life we concentrate on maths / sciences in school rather than extensive art courses.

Since from childhood we aren't constantly taking photos, but instead practicing time tables, I think that's why there are fewer people who can become photographers.

Look at Venezuela, the government has bought every child a musical instrument. Before this, 1 in 3 would become a gangster, and 1 in 100000 a musician. But now, it's much easier for kids to become mucisians in venezuela and less kids being gangsters. In fact, THE best symphony orchestra in that country is not a professional orchestra, but a high school youth symphony orchestra. Look it up, Simon Bolivar Youth Symphony Orchestra.

Instead of math courses and biology courses throughout school, why not photography, art, etc.? Then I think we'd see a lot more artists and photographers.

but it's mostly because of the demand we have in our world today that shapes what kids tend to turn out to be.

So I think ANYBODY can be a photographer, and ANYBODY can be a software engineer, you just have to put your heart to it. It's also never too late to start.