Thread: just venting
View Single Post
Old 09/08/2007, 03:03 PM
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper

Re: just venting

Quote:
Originally posted by redox
s I jokeingly asked them if they were going on a killing spree.They said heck ya we kill everything in sight. What in the world is going through peoples minds? Duh lets go out and kill all the big
While the original poster states they "jokingly" asked, who's to say the spearo's didn't jokingly respond.

Maybe Redox should have asked to see this "killing spree" and taken pictures for all of us to yell blasphemy at them for, but I'll guess and say that their "kill" wasn't the ROOT of the problem that spearfishermen are blamed for. Someone please post some longline pics for everyone to see, and suddenly you will stop pointing toward spearfishers.

I won't even ask, well......I will. Those who have responded to this thread, Have you even tried spearfishing before? Especially for these "trophy" fish that you condemn others for seeking? It's not shooting ducks in a barrel by the way (BTW).

I'm not going to argue about this point with anyone (especially RC staff) but this post strikes me as, just as ignorant as the original poster seems to believe the fisherman are. JMO

I may follow along with this "rant" but until someone posts any logical and measurable data about spearfishing vs. commercial fishing, I probably will decline to add any comments.

Thanks for reading the other side of the story.......Albeit, after making you own conclusions.