View Single Post
Old 12/17/2007, 11:47 PM
Registered Member

^^ I agree completely =) but I'm not sure how population controls can be "enforced" in most of the world. Culture conflicts, policing, politics etc. are just a few barriers.

Medicine and helping the starving/less fortunate isn't helping the problem either (though they probably hurt the planet less than the fortunate - per capita)

Until people "feel" the problem in their home (or someone like the Pope says "stop making babies or you will go to HELL" - if that will even work), their actions won't change. =(

edit: forgot to mention... culture changes usually occure by generation. I would assume a political one is about the same... so maybe there will be "bigger" changes several years/decades from now. The unforunate thing is lives are too short so later generations never really see/experience the world how previous generations have - so they may think 1 coral per 100sq ft. is "natural" because they never saw it when it was 100's per 100sq ft.

We live with each other, not for ourselves - Protect our planet

Last edited by chrissreef; 12/18/2007 at 12:07 AM.