Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 10/02/2006, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

I have one last group of pests in the tank right now. I have these keyhole limpets all over. Probably close to 15 of them. How do you recomend removing/killing them? I cant rip them off the rock, they are too strong. Concievably I could use a wrench and squish them, but that will be messy, and Ill have to buy a wrench seeing as I dont trust any of my current ones in my tank.

Keeping tube corals alive:
They love flow. They are prone too having algae grow in between thier tubes and killing them off. Make sure you are "basting" your rocks every day to try to skim out the junk, and keep the algae from growing.
They are pretty fond of mysis I have found. I target fed mine every few days for a long time and they were doing great, but my nutrient levels were too high. Now I am target feeding twice a week and just letting them grab what they can when I feed the fish.
They also do not like high light(so acclimate slowly), or higher heat. I keep my tank at about 77.5. During the summer my tank heated up to 82 and 25% of my tubes bleached.

Good hunting,

Jesse