Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 09/27/2006, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Wow this thread is a monster!

Someone was kind enough to PM me this thread after making my own TBS thread. Wanted to first say that I LOVE THIS ROCK! Especially since it helps to protect the reefs around the world! Richard really hooked me up! To all the people that complain in this thread about bad Hitchers...you might want to find another hobby, cause in this hobby chit happens.

I have learned so much from my first few skims of this monster thread. I am currently on the hunt for a mantis and a few gorillas, going to try the seltzer tonight, as the traps are 0-2.

Also to make the thread even more of a monster, I thought I would share my pics:

Right side (I know the powerhead looks terrible, but until I get a wavemaker attachment, this is the least disturbing spot I can find):

Left side:

Middle rock:

Hitchikers so far (I see something new everytime I look):
10-15 Featherdusters
Serpent Star
1 Unknown snail
1 Unknown Limpet
2-3 Porcelain crabs
At least 1 mantis shrimp
2-3 gorilla crabs
Spag worms (and other worms)
1 unknown black shrimp looking thing
few barnacles (which are pretty cool to watch)
And obviously the coral and macro

QUESTIONS: I am using phyto's every other day, should I be feeding anything else? I really want to keep my tube coral alive so any tips on that would be great (Feeding, flow, placement etc.)

Anyone else have a bunch of cup coral? I don't understand these things, sometimes they open during the day, sometimes not. melev's site says most will die off, any info about them would be great.

How you doin?