View Single Post
Old 09/12/2007, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

of course not... like I said... if they were just lazy or couldnt afford to replace the piping thats one thing... but telling me that its the way the outlet is so thats the way hes going to plumb it is strictly knowledge... but thats just one instance that I over analyzed at the time... This has been stirring ever since I got conned as a newb and continued trying to get sold throughout the years. I try not to go in with a bad attitude because there were a dozen stores in Houston that I visited in my short stay... and 4 or 5 of which were very I MEAN VERY respectable... but the majority just dont have the knowledge or energy to do some reading... now that wont stop me from going to their stores... not at all... but I sure wont pick their brains... tahts what RC is for... I dont really get to talk to many people that run reefs and thats my only source of reef talk... so I try and convince myself that these people have at minimum the amatuer knowledge that I have in the hobby and more. When I do meet up with someone with experience ill pick their brains until I get every last peice of info out of them inorder to expand my knowledge base.