View Single Post
Old 09/12/2007, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Serioussnaps
Ill bash......LFS are good for buying fish and thats it. You get to see them and don't have to worry about them dying in shipping.

LFS are horrible for buying corals...well because they generally have no clue how to keep them and their selection generally sucks.

LFS are horrible to buy dry goods because they mark them up 500% and then tell you they are the best on the market when in reality they are CRAP.

I could go on and on, but if I do somone might figure out which LFS's I am speaking of.

FWIW, I am in NC so one can't expect much.
In North Carolina there is actually some pretty good LFS.

One LFS has very cheap prices good looking fish, not alot of dry goods but they arent marked up, their corals are alright, most of them look healthy and then there is ones that are decrypted and dead already. he is knowledgeable that is all i can ask for for an LFS.

Look here tho.

Not all LFS's are the same, Some LFS's have their weak points and their strong points. You cant expect all LFS's to perfect, you go through a 55 gallon tank, and they have to go through thousands of gallons, fish after fish, coral after coral. Its a tough job they actually have to do to ensure their fish are not sick (But I guess not all LFS's do this) For you cannot bash them just over a 3/4 PVC piping. Are you saying you wont even go there anymore, because he uses a 3/4 pvc piping?