View Single Post
Old 09/12/2007, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Just being on here and reading has already made you more credible than most.... one of the LFS in Lubbock Texas that I used to frequent thought that the local fish club was dorky and useless. The other LFS owner participated only in the local club not RC but only for sales not research posts or conversation posts.

I personally think that RC and many other boards should be the first place the owners should look... even before the vendors!!! MACNA gives great showings and great products but in the end its what the customers want and create topics. If we say that we dont like them selling Marc Weiss products because they are ripoffs and we go into a store and come to find that he is pushing them like its gods gift to reefing... then I know he is not informed and is only going on sales or vendors speech. Like I had written before about danner magdrive pumps diameter outlets being doubled... the man had no clue what i was talking about.... IT SAYS IT IN THE MANUAL!!!! Let alone researching what you are putting on your tank. Was he doing anything wrong.... no... which is saying alot more than some other LFS can... but he was still not misinformed but ignorant on the output on those specific pumps.... even a bottleneck at the bulkhead would still work better.... just by reading a little... even if he were aware of what he had done and didnt want to go through the trouble... he just flat out didnt know what i was talking about. THat scares me.