View Single Post
Old 10/29/2007, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Bill(sreef):

So you've found the dream job! No I guess there's always "work" involved when you go to work, but it sounds like a great opportunity to merge the hobby with your "day job." Does your lab have a website with a focus or prospectus? I can imagine with your accomplishments already, and the 40+ hours/week you get to spend "immersed" in this field, you have, as we say, forgotten more marine breeding than I'll ever know. So whattaya know about breeding lysmata sp.? Not that candy cane lil bugger Lysmata wurdemanni, or evil wanna be Rhynchocienetes uritai, but something great, like L.debelius?

Most certainly it's been covered ad nauseum elsewhere, and I know PM to you specifically would be fruitful. But I'm a noob, and I guess that makes me bashful. So I don't send PMs to mods. Maybe it is worth a search on that testy little search function on RC, or that new fangled intranet, or it needs to be it's own thread. In which case I'll ask stupid questions (After 30 years, I'm learning there ARE stupid questions) get flamed for being too ambitious, noobish, or too unrealistic. But you gotta, wanna, at least alittle, relieve the collection pressure on "that shrimp"...
Ed