View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 03:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BubbleMonkeyIII
He was the one who suggested the eqiupment as a settlement not me. After thinking about it I said OK.. and agreed..

Then he REJECTED the offer he suggested I make, and then he started being a JERK so I said screw you. I was thinking about refunding him the money, but changed my mind after he became a jerk about the whole thing.

Plus you still need to see the cost of what he got from me.. I told him the day he picked up the ballast and light, that he was basically getting the FIXTURE for free.. which indeed he was. In reality he got about $500.00 worth of equipment for $250.00 intially. And if you throw in the extra $100.00 i offered him in the end its now up to $600.00 of equipment now. I hope you can see my point.

He just aggravated me to the point I didnt want to give him ANYTHING anymore. You can see the tone he used in here.. Try negotiating with him..

I just felt like he was trying to get more stuff out off me for nothing.

Im fair, but im not stupid.. The deal itself was a STEAL as it was on its face with or without the wiring issues.

Also i have one other issue you folks should consider, and that is I have to consider that the T5 wire broke free in TRANSPORT to his house (not my fault) Since I never saw that one.. and or got jammed or cut when HE opened the ENDCAP of the fixture, and he admits to OPENING IT.

I have to consider, that just as the crappy wiring did to me just opening the thing up it could have easily happened to him when he was digging around in there looking for the ballasts.
Who in their right mind would sell a $600.00 unit for $250? Since you sound like a great guy, then it shouldn't be much of a problem for you to take the new equipment back and refund him his money. This would end the aggravation and may even make you some money. Since clearly this guy doesn't appreciate what a great deal he's getting from such a generous person like yourself.