View Single Post
Old 05/09/2005, 07:32 PM
Moved On

Look, I've been trying to resolve the matter with you, but you've been EXTREMELY unreasonable.

Number ONE: Bad pics are because I have a crappy camera. I don't have $400 or more to spend on a good camera, unlike some other people who photograph things as a business, like the bigwig coral retailers.

The tank was NOT cracked when shipped. I'll find a pic and show you.

The tank was in good condition. Granted, it wasn't like new, or I'd have said so, but it's in good condition.

A full refund? You saw a pic of the tank before you bought it. If you were concerned about the condition, why didn't you ask any questions, or ask for more pics? I'm always willing to take more pictures for people, the best ones I can. The photos are blurry but large.

Here's a pic of the tank when it was temporarily housing a large plecostomus and reptile. (Of course I know the fish was too big for the tank, but it was that or be dumped by his original owners, and he's since been put into a large pond.)

And here's the tank a few days before it was sent out.

Does that look like a blurry? Does the top look completely smashed? Or the back? NO, it's not broken at all, not a crack, or I'd have MENTIONED that minute detail! And, for that matter, does it look clear-as-new? Not quite. But it's very clear, and crystal-clear when filled. I stand by that. Besides, who would buy something--especially something of such value--without a photo, or with only a blurry photo?

Nevermind YOUR attitude. I've tried to be polite and helpful, and you've been nothing but rude and vindictive, as well as calling me a LYING CRIMINAL! I've had plenty of GOOD experiences with people here and on Nano-reef.com, and I stand by my good feedback. But I can't work magic. I packed the tank well, but nothing is 100% when shipped. Sometimes, nomatter how well-packed something is, it gets broken. It's like with corals--nomatter how much experience you have shipping corals, you'll occasionally have a DOA. It happens. That's why there's shipping insurance.

As far as buyer's remorse, that's absolutely what it is. You say the tank isn't to your liking, so I'm supposed to refund as much money as YOU see fit? You bought a tank for a specific price, and that's that. You don't buy something from a store, then decide that they were asking too much and demand some or all of your money back. That isn't how things work. And besides, I'm not a store! I'm trying to be helpful, and be realistic. But if Fedex broke the tank, it's their fault, not mine. They admit that by having insurance! And they're the ones that broke it!

Insurance fraud? Don't be so melodramatic. The tank was in good condition when it was shipped, and certainly NOT broken. Just file the damn forms, and you'll see. There's nothing I can do, here, except help you file the forms. I'm supposed to send back the ENTIRE cost--which went toward rent, by the way--and INCLUDING the $40 it cost me to ship it to you? How is that reasonable AT ALL?