View Single Post
Old 12/23/2007, 07:20 PM
Premium Member

Ok, normally I'm pretty aware of what I'm doing and don't make a lot of stupid mistakes, but when I do, they are usually kinda severe and bad

I was using my normal trash can on wheel to mix water for the new tank. I mix the water in the the trash can and then use the mag12 pump and hook a pipe to it and pump the water into the tank. Because I'm so frazzled with tearing down a tank and setting up a new tank, I removed the tubing from the pump and left it in the trash can and left the pump with it's ball valve sitting straight up, then filled the can with water, instead of pluggin in the heater to heat the water, I plugged in the mag12 pump that was sitting in the bottom of the trash can and within about 1 second of plugging it in, it shot a jet of water that hit the ceiling and then splashed all over the freaking place, it was like a Disney water show, me screaming and scrambling to unplug the pump, what a freaking disaster, salt water dripping from the cabinets and ceiling, took me 2 hours to clean the mess up....so freakin mad

This is the pump and tubing that I use to pump the water into the tanks

Here is where I royaly screwed up, took the tubing off to siphon water from another tank and forgot to lay the pump on it's side, so you can see how it was like a water jet aimed at the ceiling

This is right after cleaning the mess up, thing that sux is that we just waxed the cabinets, what a mess. It shot straight up and then splashed the Island, wall cabinets and then dripped all over the counters and dripped into drawers etc....snort, huff,....argh!!!