View Single Post
Old 10/17/2006, 05:10 PM
I am Nano

Lighting suggestions?

Well, i'm back to craving MH's again. I've just seen so many awesome mixed reef tanks recently, and I want to be able to buy almost any coral in confidence that it will thrive. SO, I posted back here, and I am asking everyone (Ron mostly, lol) which brand, model, and wattage for my 75 gallon reef tank. I want to be able to keep most/all SPS, LPS, and zoas/softies (shaded, if necessary). But I don't want to make any softies I have suffer from too much light, etc. I realize that I will need 2 unless I put a MH in the middle, and then NO's on either side for shrooms or whatever, but I think 2 MH's will be acceptable for Christmas...

The fixtures will need to be plug and play, because I cannot wire. I would be willing to trade my 48" T5 fixture for one or 2 MH's...lol.

My tank is 48" long, and 18" tall (sand bed accounted for). I plan on getting much more live rock, because I am unhappy with the current amount. This will be a long process, because I still need more live rock, a new skimmer, powerheads (found some), etc. I'm not going to have a calcium reactor, or anything shfancy. I also really like LPS. I just bought some green candy canes this week from a fellow reefer. Should be here by Thursday.