View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 05:21 AM
Registered Member

Also all of you are baggin on me about what the AD says. But I failed to reveal to you about the other details of the transaction concering the fact HE KNEW UPFRONT that it was A DIY project that would require Major Re-WIRING IN the fixture no matter what to connect new ballast to the light sockets.

Also all of you dont know what Bergy and I discussed in emails or on the phone after he agreed to buy it. apart from the ad or not. He knew it was not ready to just PLUG IN and run as it was... I made it plain to him going in about the need for the new wires to be attached to the fixture INSIDE The unit.

Number one,

The biggest problem I have with this guy is that he BOUGHT THE FRIGGIN THING AS A DIY RE-WIRE PROJECT. Not a "PLUG and PLAY" BRAND NEW LIGHT just hook up and go.

THis is HUGE IMHO

Really though the AD wasnt clear, I admitted but due to our discussions he understood what it was going to take to make it work I made sure Of this that he could do it, before he purchased it, we talked about what it would TAKE to wire that thing up.

Really, I was being nice about the AD to him, because, I dont care what the AD said, We discussed AFTER the FACT through E mails and over the phone before he bought it what it would take to make it work.

Most of you jump on me about the AD but you dont know the whole story about what was discussed about the light and the HUGE DIY wiring project it was going to be for him to connect NEW T5 ballast wires INSIDE THE LIGHT FIXTURE, and a New HQI ballast which he purchased from me to run the light. This is what I discussed with him over the phone. He KNEW it going in.

This little fact escaped this whole drama.. I regret it wasnt in my first POST.....

The fact of the matter is that he would have had to CUT EVERY single power wire existing in the unit to remove the 6" of stock wires with connectors on the ends.. which ran into the light.

To connect the BW ballast cords he would have to hardwire the NEW ones in to the sockets inside the light for the HQI and T5 bulbs, thus he would be FORCED to REWIRE everything including my repair to make the lights WORK in the first place. This is why he also BOUGHT The BALLAST and CORDS from me to do exactly this.

So the fact the wiring was broken or even repaired was a mute issue as far as I was concerned no matter what it was advertised as, I told him and discussed the DIY nature of this light CLEARLY.

After telling him and advising him about the rewiring job that would be required to power up the light He knew what the light was going to need and agreed to buy it ANYWAYs.

Bean is right, you dont know the WHOLE story behind this mess...

Maybe he realized he wasnt upto it or again that the T5 ballast were not there then tried to back out. I dont know about all that...but I know one thing, you cannot just push wires into the thing and make it work without a STOCK ballast with those connectors.

So this was the real problem I have with wiring claims is that he found after the fact was that he PURCHASED THE BALLAST TO RUN THE LIGHTS including the cords. Right? And If im telling the truth that he KNEW it neeed to be rewired, (which I am) how can he freak if ONE wire is broken and one was repaired knowing THEY ALL HAD TO BE CUT ANYWAYS IN ORDER To hardwire the thing and make it work???

That light had NO stock pre wired ballast to run it with when it was sold to him I threw it out and this was made PLAIN even i the AD. He planned on using that BALLAST and It was TOLD to him it was a DIY project and a big rewiring one at that. These lights have special THREE PRONGED connectors on the ends.. that extend into the light. Unless he SPLICED Those onto the HQI WIRES from the BW7 (Not safe) he was REQUIRED and told he would have REWIRE the fixture

I have a challange question for anyone..

Can anyone including bergy, tell me how he was going to Hardwire TWO NEW BALLAST's wires INTO and through that light to the EXISITING HQI sockets and T5 sockets? WITHOUT rewiring cutting and SPLICING EVERYTHING in there including the repaired wire that I did?

the light had no ballast, The exisitng wires have stock thre prong proprietary connectors that would have to have been removed and the new HQI from the BW run through and reconnected to the CUT HQI WIRES inside. Same ting goes with the T5 wires. Which he would then have to solder, crimp, connect compress whatever, to do the job right.

Basically the whole thing needed a rewire and he knew it. Case closed.

The answer is He KNEW it needed to be rewired, I told him so, he agreed to this after the fact of the AD.

Those 600volt wires needed to go through that endcase and be hard/ REWIRED to the HQI sockets anyways, making ANY and all repairs I had done to the light MUTE at this point. He also knew that the fixture needed to be rewired and that it was a BIG DIY project. This was discussed clearly

So the wiring aside the fixture was in GREAT condition I wish I had mentioned this earlier, but I was just trying to share my experience with the guy.

Bottom line he knew it was a DIY wiring project and not "plug and play" I made that clear in emails and over the phone.

Also despite what he says, thats not true about only $50..

I offered him a free $25.00 Standpipe, $25.00 worth of fragnets, and $50.00 off a skimmer I make. Not to mention I GAVE him a Free standpipe when he picked up the light at NO charge.

Last edited by BubbleMonkeyIII; 12/18/2006 at 05:44 AM.