View Single Post
Old 11/22/2003, 07:26 AM
Latte Man

Your Kind Words Are Appreciated!!!

To be honest, this is the first project of its kind I've ever attempted. I've never done any wiring like it in the past, but discovered there's really nothing to it if you invest a little time in research. Being in the aerospace business, especially the manufacturing/delivery end, there's no way I could do this without paying attention to detail and making it look professional and pleasing to the eye. After all, what would all my co-workers think

What you can't see yet since I haven't installed it is a plexiglas barrier that will fit in between the sump and the electrical control panel area. You can see the lower guide track in a couple of the photos. The barrier will help protect all the outlets from getting splashed with water in the event something is dropped in the sump during maintenance. Since safety is very important when mixing water and electricity, we decided early on to do our best to isolate the electrical area from the sump. Also, each of the two AC power centers (American DJ units) get their supply from separate GFI-protected 15 AMP circuits added to the circuit breaker panel. This keeps all the aquarium electrical separate from the other house-related circuits.

We'll keep everyone posted as we proceed with the remaining assembly and startup activities! Thanks again for all the encouraging comments!