View Single Post
Old 04/19/2007, 09:14 PM
This is my Passion

Thanks so much. The top is very strong, what you cannot see in the pics is all the inside structural construction. It has less weight resting on the top of the tank than an ordinary canopy would. Another cool feature is both the top & bottom center posts are removable. There is still no load resting on either one, so if you wanted to change the sump for example, you could. One thing I wanted him to accomplish with this tank, that we did'nt have with the old one...was easy to remove plumbing. That way as the tank ages, and the plumbing builds as they do with stuff inside the tubing...it can be removed and cleaned or replaced. It also has that red faucet below the closed loop pumps. That can be used to drain the water from the closed loop system, if you needed to work on or clean the pumps. It would also drain the tank if you hooked up a hose to it, if you wanted to do it that way. The bottom of the stand is lined with that water resistant stuff{I have no clue what it's called..LOL} the stuff they use in showers. Some regrets...we ran out of time to put more coats of clearcoat on it. But we are happy with it. It was fun watching him build it, and seeing him pleased at the end, although he nitpicked it to death. I think he did a great job.