View Single Post
Old 09/22/2005, 02:02 PM
TRC Leader

I'll see if I can get the generator fired up in a bit. And I agree about bolting down the generator. I have a pretty decent cable lock that I used to use to keep my propane buffer from being stolen.

I'm almost done with my MACNA pictures. I'll probably get those online by this evening.

Mogrash, I use superglue gel (cyano acrylate) to secure frags to either LR or plugs. You dry the base of the coral and the spot on the rock you plan to glue it, then appy the gel. Press the coral against it for 30 to 60 seconds, then dip the whole thing in a bowl of tank water for a few seconds. Now it is ready to be placed in your tank.

If you happen to have 'accellerator', you can use a q-tip to put this on the rock, and the gel on the coral. Now you only have to hold it 5 seconds, and it will bond.

Another product is a 2-part putty by Two Little Fishies that works pretty well. However, use too much of it and your skimmer goes nuts.

Regarding the Mag pump, I've never thought of it as misleading or cheating, but I see Travis' point. I just know what the instructions state, and point those out to everyone else that doesn't read them.

I need to look up about the Dendrophyllia. Everyone has been asking me that, and I just don't know the answer.