View Single Post
Old 01/01/2008, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Kuda,
I've never had an algae problem. When my tank was around 2 months old, I was worried that I was doing something wrong because my tank never went through any type of algae bloom. But I decided to quit worrying and count it as a blessing or deal with it when it happens. I’m beginning to have some red slime algae in my sump. I do a 15gal. weekly water change and I have a mixture of 35 to 40 snails. I use to have blue-legged crabs but I decided to get ride if them before my Seahorses arrived.

MathU
I got my ponies from a breeder in California that I found on the Syngnathid.org board. I think mine are his last shipment because he's selling off his remaining stock to a LFS. Not enough business through Internet sales. He's been wonderful. When I first contacted him, he ask about me and my set up to make sure that I was prepared to take care of Seahorses.

Urbanrat84
The gorgonian on the bottom right of my tank is a Candelbra. I received as a freebee with the live rock I purchased from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I’ve had it for 6 months and it’s done great.