View Single Post
Old 01/03/2008, 01:32 AM
Premium Member

I appears to work much better. Knocks them of with very little agitation; all I did was twist coral gently once after 30 sec in the bath and they all fell off. Writhed and squirmed for about 2 min then were still. Wish I had made a video of that. I have done 3 treatments and have not seen any sign of damage or eggs in 4 weeks. BTW this is in my frag tank and it's very easy to pull every coral and inspect.

One downside is the newer bottle seemed to be stronger. Corals reacted poorly. Slimed up, couple nearly bleached and lost 1. I would suggest making sure no corals sit in the bath for more than 15 min. With the original bottles I was able to put 15 or so corals in a bucket together. By the time I got them all out inspected again and rinsed some would be in there as long as 25 min. But had no problems. Can't do that with this newer bottle.

One way to tell what strength you have is using the recommended dosage 40ml/G, the newer bottle made the bath whitish opaque. Difficult to see to the bottom and to see if any worms fell off. Original bottles you could see easily. All bottles had same dosage on the side.

I have 1 more unopened bottle. I will probably try another round of treatments with it.

Oh and it does smell like pine sol. One ingredient is pine oil. Kind of funny on the label they tell you not to be used as a household cleaner.