View Single Post
Old 01/23/2006, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the tip Joe, my CPR Continous Syphon overflow box has a simular device, so I can probably get by without the pic, but thanks.

I've got most of the plumbing for the returns finished, but it's not connected yet, so now would be a good time to do that. With any luck, I'll get all the plumbing finished up and running before my new ones hatch Wed. night. I want to go ahead and move the first set of babies onto the new system, and just start with a slow drip to gently acclimate them to the new water. I hope I don't kill them!

John, good idea also on the shelf paper, I had a bunch of this foam left over from an old project, so it was free! I also noticed that the Fan Fold (1/4" blue insulation foam) fits the shelves perfectly, and it is mylar backed also. I had read somewhere that foam under a tank that might sit on an uneven surface was a good idea (Calfo's book I think) so I went that route.

It's all coming together quite nicely, thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Now I just have to find the $$ for the skimmers, return pump, and another shop light for the refugium and I'll be all set!