View Single Post
Old 11/30/2007, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

I've been thinking of getting the 60" icecap retrofit kit from reefgeek, but there is a much smaller selection of bulbs to order at that size. My choices are:

ATI:
12000K Aquablue
Blue Plus
Pro Color
True Actinic 03

GE:
3000K Daylight
6500K Daylight

Giesemann:
6000K Midday Sun
11000K Aquablue
Actinic Plus
Pure Actinic 03

My hood has barely enough room for 6 bulbs with individual reflectors, but I think I'm going to start out at 4 and add as I need. My tank is still in the planning stages, I'm just trying to figure this all out. I think 4 overdriven 80w t-5s will be plenty for a 100 gallon tank with mostly softies and a few LPS. I was originally just going to just choose a 4 bulb combination from somewhere in this thread, but I have yet to find a combo that will work for me using the bulbs I have available. My stealth forum lurking tactics have failed me and thus I have to ask the question that 500 other people have asked so far: What bulb combo should I use? Using only those above, of course. No super actinics =

And btw, I'm not actually new here, I just forgot my password to my old account. Or it got deleted, It's been over a year since I last posted here.