View Single Post
Old 07/10/2007, 01:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by happyface888
Hey Peter,
I was wondering what would you rate a coral beauty on a scale of 1-10 for hardiness? I recently got on from a local pet store that didnt know how to catch it... they didnt remove the rocks and just used nets to poke it around for 20mins to get it, the tail got ripped during the process. So brought it home and it developed a little ich on the face. So how well do coral beauties handle ich? Are they ich magnets compared to blue tangs are pretty tough? Thanks peter
Ich can be a problem with Angels, though they're not as bad as most tangs IMO. The good news is that Coral Beauties are quite hardy otherwise, so in most cases curing them of disease will be better than with more sensitive species. As long as you take the proper steps to cure the disease, feed him a good diet his fin will regenerate and hopefully you'll have a healthy and long lived Coral Beauty. Scales of 1-10 are tricky, they're so open to interpretation If I had to pick, I'd say a 7-8 if 10 is the hardiest. One exception is a Coral Beauty that comes from the Phillipines, that's a crap shoot, as it is with many fish from that area due to cyanide fishing.