View Single Post
Old 07/10/2007, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by loosecannon
Hi, peter eichler: nice list. Anelfish {Centropyge}, are NOT good beginner fish! Thay need lot`s of well aged live rock. The tank should be up and running, for six mounths or moor! Blennies are good first fish. Help with the alge. Cardinal`s good for fish only tank. Thay are noctarnal and the bright light of reef tanks can stress them out! Clownfish Chromisfish Damselsfish, are all good first fish , if tank raised. Gobies are good first fish. But not the sand siffting one`s! Dartfishnot a good first fish get picted on by other fish. Pseudochromis basslets can be vary aggessof. Tangs in most Genus: Zebrasoma, Acanthurs. Tang`s in the Genus: Ctenochaet us, thay are comenly called bristletooth, and thay do not travle well. Wrasses I love mine do your homework, ther are good one`s and bad. I have had a Centro pyge heraldi. I got him he had only one eye. I think ez hard depanz on your set up. I have learn to pick the fish out first than fined out what I need to do to keep them alive, and than set up a tank that best fits thar NEED`S!
I made some specific notes on Angels that about diet and disease. The angels I listed will do very well in fish only tanks IME and are quite hardy and capable of thriving in various types of tanks as long as proper diets are provided. I have even seen people cycle tanks with Coral Beauties (NOT something I suggest trying).

Candinals are very hardy and resillient fish and adapt well to the bright lighting in our aquariums. Most of them are shallow water animals despite being nocturnal so their habits in our tanks can mimic those found in the ocean. The hide under overhangs during the day if they're so inclined, and become more active at night. The thing is, in many cases they are active during the day in aquaria, if it was so stressful to them that would not be the case.

In one breath you say Damselfish and Clownfish are all good first fish then you call me out for including Pseudochromis even though I warned people by saying "they can get quite mean"... Then you say Dartfish aren't good because they're peaceful and can get picked on. Are you for real?

I can't even figure out what point you're trying to make with the Tangs...

C. Heraldi are usually collected with cyanide and other drugs. Depending on how long you've had it, their requirements in captivity has little to do with their horrible survival rates.

I don't mind having a discussion/debate with you. Though you seem to have an axe to grind with me for some reason... In the future, please at least make an effort to spell words correctly and throw a paragraph into the mix where needed. As it stands now I feel like I need a decoder ring and some advil to read your posts. My grammar and spelling aren't great either so I'm not just trying to take a pot shot at you. It's just to the point where your posts are a chore to read and understand.