View Single Post
Old 12/15/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
The ATI has about the same look just not as much PAR as the UVL. Lack of PAR isn't an issue in your case.

I don't think people are bashing them as much pointing out they shouldn't be considered in the same class as the Teks and such until current decides to use the right material in the reflectors at least. It's amazing how people think they can spend 150 bux for an E-bay fixture and have it perform like a 400 dollar fixture. Nothing wrong with the Novas for a tank that is less than 18" tall, over 18 inches and you got to be careful what you put lower down in the tank.
That's fair Grim and I would agree. But is Sunlight Supply any better by ignoring the cooling issue and not putting fans in the fixture. Sure, you can run without the acrylic shield but then you need to pay extra attention to salt on the reflectors and if I'm not mistaken, the endcaps are not water proof. The bottom line is that both of these companies ignore the short comings of the fixtures because they sell them regardless. If they didnt sell because of the issues, they would both remedy them.