Thread: Tunze nano mod
View Single Post
Old 02/17/2007, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

But I love koralias and I want to spread the love!!!

Tunze nanostreams are good too (I have both), but koralias still provide best bang for the buck IMO in a well thought out package....

As for the V shaped flow. I personally haven't experienced this problem and honestly, let's think about this logically, how is a prop going to produce V shaped flow spinning at thousands of rpms? Those crazy kids at Hydor must have discovered ways to bend the law of physics.

I think it's completely ridiculous, however I guess crazier things have happened You think that if this were the case, everyone would be having this problem, but only very few have reported this and I think it is based on the other flow in the tank or just misperceptions. It could be a manufacturing defect in their props, but it's really hard for me to swallow that a normally functioning one would cause this effect.

In short tanks I would go with hydors over the nanostreams due to the much, much better dispersed flow. In long tanks, either would be a good choice.

I just wanted to state that instead of continuing to further alter your pump and void the warranty, then maybe you should think of other pumps that would deliver the kind of flow that you wanted at a lower price. Not a stab at Tunze, but more of a call for reason... however, what respectable DIYer would listen to reason. Hahahaha.

Mod on brothers and let us all know what the next mod yields.

Peace,
John