View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

Some kind of bacteria disease

I have some kind of bacteria disease that lives in my tank and seems to only attack clown triggers. Of all the different kinds of fish I have had in my tank over the last 1+ year, only the clown trigger seems to get this disease. I was able to catch it in time with my last clown trigger and he made a full recovery but died on the transportation of the tank to a new house. My most recent clown trigger got it and I caught it immidiately, and put him in a quarantine tank treating him with ruby reef rally's. After about a week, he finally passed away tonight. Any ideas on the disease, or more importantly how to elinimate it. I have heard that a bacteria disease will only typically lay dormant in a tank for 2-3 months, but like I've said, this disease has hit every single clown trigger (4) that I've put in and only the clown trigger, not a niger, picasso, or blue line. Not angels, tangs, puffers, lions, eels, wrasse, nothing else. I can not figure it out and it is driving my crazy that I can not keep a clown trigger and keep wasting my time and money attempting it. Any help would be much appreciated.