View Single Post
Old 12/19/2004, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Ti,
I did mis understand you, and you are correct. The only time I usually loose a fish is durring acclimation. If the fish does die after the 3 day or more period is because it got caught in the over flow or something in the tank beat the crap out of it which is my fault.
I will comment on the Petco up by me, they should not have Saltwater. I have watched them bring in their orders many times and the acclimation time was 15 minutes floating on the tank and then dumped directly into the tank. After the fire fish died I checked the parameters of my holding tank and the copper was off the scale of my test kit and that was after being deluted 4 to 1.
Ti do you go into a store and buy a fish the first time you see it? This also may be where a newbie and a seasoned aquarist differ. I do not purchace a fish the first time I see it. As the same with the two fish that died. I always put a deposit and watch them over a week. This also depends on the store I am buying them at. If it is as a good LFS that I trust I will take a fish at first glance only because I know the fish is coming from a quality collector and not a junk wholesaler.