View Single Post
Old 12/18/2004, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BriMc
Ti I think you need to find a better LFS. You must have tons of experience in reef keeping to make a statement like a 3 day guarantee means nothing. The guarantee covers if the fish stresses out durring accalimation which is 90% of the battle and it is the opposite of your comment. If the fish stayed alive for more than three days and then died I would blame my tank. I introduced a Blue tang into the tank at the beginning of the week from a reputable LFS with no problems. I have been in this Hobby a little while and I think I know how to pick a good fish. You need the starting points to be good before you can be sure your tank is good. From collection, to the wholesalers, to the LFS, and petco is not even close to being a good LFS.
Prehaps you misunderstood.
LIke I said anyone with any sense would pick a healthy looking one which acclimated properly will do fine.
So 3 day guarantee in such a case is not used.
Now off the the next scenario,In good sense you pick the least healthy looking fish in the tank because you REALLY want the fish.
Now from my experience and many others, usually these fish suffer past 3 days then die. In this scenario nice ot have the guarantee, but couldn't use it.
Now If you picked one you knew or didn't know how bad it really was, then chances are, it's on the end and it dies next day or at the longest 3 days later. Right on the dot of the guarantee. considering the water sample to the store is good, you get your money back.
So it now you see the guarantee is used cause the person picked one that was on it's last leg, (his fault), but none the less he gets either store credit or another fish.
BUT no sensible person would have picked that fish to begin with.