View Single Post
Old 12/18/2004, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BriMc
I have to throww my experience in. I purchased five fish for my tank in the past two months. Three being at different LFS and specializing in reefs and they lived. I bought Two others, one from a petco and the other from a pet quaters and they both died.
All fish were acclimated the same way and the same amount of time. The funny catch is the LFS stores offer a 3 day guarantee on their fish anf the chain stores offer nothing.
I'll pay the little extra and support my local LFS. Thanks
Well I've yet to find an lfs that won;t lie to me straight face.
And usually the difference is not a few bucks.
Petco clown on sale was $12.99 regular price $14.99.
LFS (same size clown) $29.99
I've had my Petco percula for 3 months now, and with good water and good food, he has really shined.
I'm not saying it's all healthy there, I was just ther last night and over 1/2 the fish had ich and were on their way to the graveyard.
It's good and bad.
Oh and regarding the LFS 3 day guarantee, of course you will pick the most healthy of the lot even if they are dying and usually they will last more than 3 days.
So the guarantee is nothing more than a PR ploy, it has no real function.
If a fish died within 3 days, it was you tank. Otherwise it most likely was in pretty bad shape at the time you picked up, which you would laready know what you were in for before you even decided to buy.