View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 02:59 AM
Registered Member

luke, i would like to get more air into my skimmer, enough where i have to cut my standpipe on my NW150 so it won't overflow. Mods i have done, bored out elbow, bored out stock venturi, both holes, and 3 layers of mesh. Couldn't get the 4 layers to restart easily, and didnt like blowing into the tube everytime to get it to restart lol. But what else can I do.

If i bored out the volute in/out really do a lot on the otp-2000?? Should I change my venturi to one like yours?? I don't like modding parts though that are hard to replace. Will making a venturi like the one Mr. Bonjangles did be good enough?? Or should i make one like that complicated one in the "octo skimmer mods" thread, though i think that was for a otp3000 so i'd have to change all the fittings sizes. Sorry for all the questions, thanks for the help in advance

O and changing the venturi to either one, what size ID tubing should i use for the otp-2000. 1/4"???

Click on my red house to see my 90g RR tank :) Tons of pictures, tons... Click!!!

Last edited by flyguy7150; 01/06/2008 at 03:06 AM.