View Single Post
Old 12/28/2007, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

I wish I could have more faith in fixing the environment but if you compare the ratio of ecologically sound action in government to time, I am sure we can agree that time is of the essence.

And if we had a red line which today is 2060 for (GLOBAL) fall back assuringly. But what was that prediction 20 years ago....(150 years??) I don't know but I don't remember hearing anything... Although I was 5 years old.

So yes I believe it's up to us (that are aware) of the value of life on this planet to find a way to preserve biology outside of the environment which is subject to politics and time frames which are currently unacceptable...

I truly appreciate the work that go's into fixing the environment and i believe it's helping loads, I wouldn't suggest changing the priority here but I believe it requires an appendage as insurance.

I believe that what we have right now is a group of young adults that are much more aware of this reality than the older crowd. And now is the time to take decisive action to preserve something that may not survive the political generation gap.

I signed the petition at www.reefcheck.org If anyone reading this hasn't please do so now

Meanwhile I propose a project at reefcentral. Maybe some of us could put together the logistics for a project lining the requirements for a noah's ark approach, which will be open to discussion and at least propose something in another direction.... Reefcentral and it's most valuable member base could probably gain some good publicity from this and it would be an act of good faith from one of the largest groups of reef keeping aquarist on the internet.

Regardless if it actually materializes. Things are much easier to swallow when they have a price tag. And let's think out of the box. I couldn't think of a better way to demonstrate some of the emerging clean energy companies. I am obliged to put as much of my time as possible to furthering this effort. If I have any sign of support here I will be the first to throw out a proposal which I'm sure will be faulty but you get the idea...

happy reef keeping

Last edited by billsreef; 12/28/2007 at 12:46 PM.