View Single Post
Old 10/10/2007, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Wow, I just stayed up an extra hour past my bed time to read this thread. I love the care and detail you place in your words!! Felt like I was reading a novel. I've been planning the plumbing on my 225 sps for about 10 months now, so I would say that I can relate. I loved your comment about standing in front of your stand just trying to envision different ideas. I do that all the time!! In fact it's occupied at least half of my mental capacity for several months. I'm finally close to having all the plumbing I need to get started. I too want to get the majority of my project started before I post my build thread. I have two questions for you. One, why did you divide the tank into three compartments like that? I see you had to use bulkheads to connect the lines between the compartments. Seems like you could have saved a lot of time and money by having one open compartment. And two, I see you're going with the low flow approach going into your sump, seems like you're on the extreme side of low flow for the size of your tank. How many gph do you expect to get from those two pumps after you factor in head loss? By my calculations you'll be getting 1796 gph with 0 head. Add 5 feet of vertical head loss, friction and fittings, and I'm sure the gph goes way down. Just a little constructive criticism. If it were me I'd opt for a single Sequence Dart, but that's just me. Hope to get plenty of constructive criticism on my thread! Good luck with everything!!
Oh and on a side note.. I struggled for a month first buying schedule 80 plumbing to get the grey fittings to match my savko valves, then took it all back when I realised I'd spent $300 and was only half way there! Then searched for weeks to find a supplier that sold grey schedule 40. Then found long radius elbows from McMaster Carr that only come in white. So long story short I went with white. Might paint it all when I'm done, depends on how sloppy I am with the primer and glue. So, congrats on going all grey! I'm sure it took a bit more effort than white.